Kissing and other touching between a girl and a guy happens when the timing is right. Just because your best friend kissed a girl last week doesn’t mean you have to rush out and do the same this week. Romance is not a race. Affection between a girl and a guy is most exciting and fun when they know and like each other.
With that in mind, here are a few dos and don’ts to guide you.
- Kiss a girl because you like her and she likes you, too.
- Don’t force yourself on a girl. If she wants to kiss you, you’ll know by how she acts and what she says.
- Make it private. With the exception of weddings, public shows of affection should generally be limited to quick kisses, hugs, and handholding. A kiss is for two people, not a crowd. Be discreet.
- Don’t play the sympathy card to get a kiss. “It’s been so long since anyone kissed me,” sounds rather pathetic and weak. It’s not a good foundation on which to build a relationship.
- Don’t play the guilt card to get a kiss. “If you like me, you'll kiss me,” is manipulative and pitiful sounding. Best avoid this approach, too.
- Get out there and meet girls. You'll know when the time is right for that first kiss.
- Oh, and don't be too concerned about the mechanics of kissing. It's more important to be relaxed and have fun. Remember, practice makes perfect!