- Sit on the floor with your left leg straight out in front of you.
- Cross your right foot over and place it on the outside of your left knee.
- With your right hand on the floor behind you, bring your left elbow across your body and place it on the outside of your right thigh.
- Twist your body as you look over your right shoulder.
- Hold the stretch 10 to 15 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Stretching makes your muscles and joints flexible, preventing injuries, and stopping your muscles from cramping. Flexibility also allows you to move your muscles through their full range of motion. That helps you jump higher, reach further, and run faster.